National Reconciliation Week 2021
Updated: Jul 2
“This National Reconciliation Week, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the Land on which we stand. We acknowledge the (people) of the (nation) and pay our respects to Elders past and present.”
Reconciliation week is a great time to reflect and contribute to a greater understanding, as well as respect, for the Traditional Owners of this Land. Their rich culture and viewpoint is often overlocked, misrepresented and most often ignored. As a business we have selected a couple of actions that we can focus on to make a positive contribution towards better outcomes for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We ask everyone to:
- Check you understand how your unconscious bias and attitudes affect your thinking and actions.
- Call out Racism when you hear or see it.
- When talking about the history or story of Australia, always include the participation and presence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Speak out against and prosecute blatant racism and misinformation in mainstream media reporting.
- Find out ways you can support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander’s economic development and businesses via Supply Nation when searching for contractors, suppliers and products.
We encourage all to visit https://lnkd.in/gS3tYRY and to be informed and take action.